Hair Extensions Care
- USE OF UNSUSTEINABLE COSMETICS - Hair that is lengthened is not nourished
from roots, so in order to maintain a healthy and pretty appearance, they require care with special products with a high content of functional ingredients, which will provide the hair with intensive hydration and deep nutrition. Cosmetics that contains sulphates, silicones, sodium chloride and other chemicals which dry out hair fibres and fracture their structure, what cause to damage them, are completely unsustainable. The hair break and splits more often, their life and usability for other services is shortening. To avoid this, you should not use any of this kind of products mentioned. Beware, sulphates, silicones and other chemical substances are often contained in professional cosmetics of well-known brands!
The correct care of lengthened hair will definitely pay off, in a horizon of few months it can be a saving of a few thousand Czech crowns for a purchase of new hair. That is why we recommend to use only attested cosmetics. It is also a condition for claiming a warranty on the hair material that you buy from us. Lifelong service can be guaranteed only by proper care.
- WET HAIR COMBING - If you brush the hair wet with a hair brush or you otherwise
mechanically put other pressure on it, be aware that the hair is very elastic when wet. When combing, hair can easily stretch, which causes permanent damage to the hair fibres. Unfortunately, this is an irreversible process and the damaged hair is tangled, twisted and it is not possible to be combed.
3. DEADLINE FOR REAPLICATION OF HAIR BONDS - It is important not to underestimate the recommended maximum time for moving the hair bonds. If you surpass the period of 3 months from the extension, there is a risk that small dreadlocks will start to form above hair bonds of already fallen out hair, which is very difficult to remove and they may damage your own hair as well as the hair extensions. Manipulation with dreadlocks is not easy, it requires more time and therefore more money, in addition to the risk of damaging your own hair. Unfortunately, for some, these dreadlocks form even after 2 months, it is individual depending on the type of hair, quality and speed of hair growth. Some salons even cut through the dreadlocks afterwards, but it is wrong. Do not allow this under any circumstances, if you want to keep your own hair, it needs to be combed hair by hair. In any case, it is better to avoid it by regular visits to your hairdresser.
• Extended hair must not be washed for 48-72 hours after permanent extension. This applies to all methods, especially keratin (hot and cold), micro ring, nano ring and micro tubes.
• Extended hair does not require as frequent washing as your own hair, which can be oily at the roots. It is generally recommended to wash 1-2 times a week. CLIP IN hair is enough to gently wash oence a week.
• Before wash, we recommend to comb the hair gently and thoroughly along its entire length to prevent tangling during washing.
• Wash the hair with cold or lukewarm water with the use of gentle shampoo, which is suitable for extended hair. During the wash proceed in the direction of hair growth - in a bend, from the roots to the ends. Do not wash your hair in a forward bend position.
Apply conditioner on washed hair, but only to the lenghts and the hair roots. Leave out the hair bonds because they can release by the use of a conditioner. Do not massage the hair during wash as it also can damage the hair bonds, in the worst case release them!
• It is recommended to use hair mask for renewal and deep nuorishment once a week.
• After washing the hair gently squeeze the excess water with a towel (do not rub the hair in towel, as it may tangle or damage the hair!) and in an ideal case leave the hair to dry freely.
• Never go to bed with wet hair, as it cay cause hair to tangle or to tear.
• Even with the most gentle washing, it cannot be avoided to wash away the adhesive in hair bonds or to loosen the hair bonds. In the case of keratin hair bonds, premature loosening of the hair bonds occurs, especially with frequent washing and use of conditioner too close to the head. This is one of the reasons why it is necessary to pay attention to the right displacement of hair bonds.
Re-application should take place every 2, maximum every 3 months.
• Basic products – conditioners, shampoos, masks – they are tested for hair that is nourished from roots. These products contain vitamins, fruit elements and so on, which are effective right from roots and they try to fasten the hair growth and sustain natural processes of live hair. Extended hair is the hair that is cut, not nourished from the root and they are naturally non-greasy. Special products should always be used on this hair.
• Do not use any shampoos with pH higher than 5. Avoid cosmetics containing sulphates, sodium chloride, silicones and other unsuitable chemical ingedients which dry out the hair and cause it to tangle and break. Unfortunately they are often included in profesional cosmetics. These manufacturers usually add these substances for better foaming, viscosity, etc., but silicones literally wrap the hair fibre. It has a strong negative effect on extended hair!
• Because this is about real, but no longer nourished hair due to cutting, it is vital to provide them with extra hydration and nutrition, for example by special hair oils xxx. and so on, which help protect the hair from drying out, breaking and splitting and give them a healthy shine and vitality.
• It is not a rule that for example an expensive hair mask will not destroy your extended hair. Many hairdressers are wrong about this and will automatically recommend various products which they have good experience with on their own hair, although the effects on extended hair have not been proven as good ones.
• In our e-shop, you will find special care proven to be suitable for extended hair, which has been tested on hundreds of hair samples. Only with this care will your extended hair last according to the stated lifespans! When using these recommended cosmetics, we guarantee you perfect results and your satisfaction!
The lifespan of hair is determined primarily by the type of hair according to its origin and whether it is virgin hair or it is treated by a chemical process, especially coloring. ESENIUM is not responsible for your own choice of hair type. We always give you transparent and complete information, we try to advise you, satisfy your wishes to the maximum and recommend the best for your satisfaction. The final choice is always up to you. If you for example buy Eastern European hair, you can never, even with careful care, expect lifespan as with Central European hair.
✕ WE DO NOT RECOMMEND these brands for your extended hair:
- SO.CAP - prohibited, does not suit our type of hair, based on other process of coloring.
- Balmain - prohibited, does not suit our type of hair, based on other process of coloring.
- Great Lenghts - prohibited, does not suit our type of hair, based on other process of coloring.
- Hairdreams - prohibited, does not suit our type of hair, based on other process of coloring.
- Kérastase - commonly not recommended.
- L' Oréal Professional - unfortunately, it is not working for long term, also confirmed by ProfiBeauty clients
- TONI&GUY - prohibited, damages the hair bonds and dries out hair.
- any other brand we do not have in recommended brands.
- You must not use shampoos with fruit ingredients on hair extended by keratin connections!
- Products containing alcohol must be used! (for example: water against hair loss)
This overview was prepared on the basis of our tests, the knowledge of our clients and especially the experience of our large customers and certified salons. Thank you all for your cooperation.
- When combing, it is important to use special combs and brushes, with silicone or natural bristles, that don´t break the hair bonds. First, gently brush the hair with your finger and then use brush.
- Comb the hair with gentle technique, always comb the ends first and after that then comb from roots to the ends.
- Never use a comb with wide teeth or bristles, and do not try to comb your tangled ends with using force.
- Brush your hair as needed, even few times a day, never let it get tangled.
- Do not comb the area between the scalp and the extension site, because you can pull out the entire hair bonds, including your own hair.
- Do not strain wet hair with combing.
- The best protection against tangled hair before going to bed, is to put them into ponytail or braid them.
- Hair drying dries more hair than letting it dry freely. That is why it is important to use proper products when blow drying the hair. Always set the hair dryer to the lowest temperature and the lowest blowing intensity, and always blow-dry the hair from the top to the back - from the roots to the ends. Be aware, too hot air can damage the hair bonds. Strong uncontrolled air flow can tangle the hair.
- You can curl and iron extended hair as needed. Before heat treatment, the hair must be treated with heat protection products.
- We generally do not recommend dyeing of natural human hair for extensions, as all chemical interventions reduce lifespan of the hair, they excessively dry the hair and cause it to tangle and break. The hair that we offer in our e-shop, is professionally dyed with special technology and gentle colors. This process causes only minimal damage and the hair retains its maximum vitality according to the category of the selected hair. The processor of our hair material is CE and ISO9001 certified.
- To achieve the desired hair shade, it is always best fo you to first adjust your own hair to the desired shade and then select the hair shade to accordingly extend the hair. This will avoid the risks associated with subsequent chemical interventions.
- In the case that you decide to dye, bleach, highlight or tint the hair extensions we do not bear any responsibility for finished result or any impact on their quality or lifespan. Consequently, the warranty we provide on the lifespan of our hair cannot be claimed.
- In case you are still decided to color the hair, you can have the extensions get custom-painted with us, where the hair will be treated by our top trained technologist.
- Home dyeing is only possible at your own risk. If you decide to color the hair yourself, we recommend that you first test all products on one strand of hair and only then apply it to the entire hair. If you want to color the hair to darker shade, we recommend to choose from the Eastern European hair category and use only a tint, alternatively professional colours. Central European hair is more suitable for bleaching.
Swimming in pool and sea
- Chlorinated water in the pool and sea water weakens keratin hair bonds and also dries the hair in general.
- Before swimming, just soak your hair in the shower with fresh water, braid it into a braid or bun and the best is to cover it with a bathing cap.
- After swimming, rinse your hair again with fresh water, wash with shampoo and conditioner.
- Never strain your hair immediately after bathing if it is wet. Let the hair dry freely first, or blow-dry them.
Sauna and solarium
Sauna and sunbathing in the solarium with extended hair is not taboo. But you need to follow few basic rules:
- Always put your hair in a ponytail.
- Do not comb them when in sauna or sunbathing.
- Do not comb the hair until 1 hour has elapsed when the hair bonds have cooled down.
- Soak your hair after 1 hour.